Privacy & Policy
This Privacy Notice describes how SoulCentre Pte Ltd. collects, stores and handles personal information of individuals, and is consistent with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union.
We value the trust you have placed in us and respect your privacy. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you, why we collect it, and how we use it. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Notice and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
What does it mean for you to give consent?
By providing your Personal Information to us and/or continuing access to our website, software, apps and/or any other products and services offered by the Company, you are consenting to this Privacy Notice and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice or any amendments to this Notice, please do not subscribe to any of our Services and stop using or accessing our website.
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
- Due payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to process your Program ticket registration and/or sponsorship payment.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases of delegate passes and Program participation, either in-person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
Personal data we collect from you:
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Location information
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud, market research and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
How we use your Personal Data:
We will only process your Personal Data where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
Personal Data that you give us:
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your Program registration, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and Program registration services that you request from us;
- to organize Programs that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the Program, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- to respond to your questions and provide related Program registration services;
- to provide you with information about other Programs, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- to notify you about changes to our Programs; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
Information we collect about you:
We will use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Site:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Selling or renting your Personal Data:
We will never sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties without your opt-in consent.
Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorised disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
How long we store your Personal Data
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request
Cookies and Do Not Track Policy
Correction and removal
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please click on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive.
Request access to your Personal Data: You may have the right to request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
Request correction of your Personal Data: You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you.
Request erasure of your Personal Data: You may have the right to request that Personal Data held about you is deleted.
Object to processing of your Personal Data: You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data.
Request restriction of processing your Personal Data Request transfer of your Personal Data: You may have the right to request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Changes to this Notice
If we make any material changes to this Notice or the way we use, share or collect personal Data, we will notify you by revising the “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice, prominently posting an announcement of the changes on our Site, or sending an email to the email address you most recently provided us (unless we do not have such an email address) prior to the new policy taking effect.
Any changes we make to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notification sent to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
All intellectual property rights in and to the Program, the Program content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Program are owned by SoulCentre Pte Ltd or the Program sponsors or speakers presenting at the Program. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the Program, in any Program content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Program for any reason without the prior written permission of SoulCentre Pte Ltd.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by SoulCentre Pte Ltd or any of its affiliates; nor does this Agreement grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of SoulCentre Pte Ltd. or its affiliates, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of SoulCentre Pte Ltd. and its affiliates.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
SoulCentre Pte Ltd. gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Program or any materials related thereto or offered at the Program and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Program is provided on an “as-is” basis. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by the speakers, attendees, or sponsors at the Program are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of SoulCentre Pte Ltd. or any employee thereof. Program makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by speakers, attendees or sponsors at a SoulCentre Pte Ltd. Program and will not be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. SoulCentre Pte Ltd. does not endorse, and expressly disclaims all liability relating to, any of the products or services provided by speakers, attendees, or sponsors.
Except as required by law, neither SoulCentre Pte Ltd. nor its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Program or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
The maximum aggregate liability of Program for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Program or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to SoulCentre Pte Ltd. under this Agreement
SoulCentre Pte Ltd.’s failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. SoulCentre Pte Ltd. shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond SoulCentre Pte Ltd.’s reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with SoulCentre Pte Ltd.’s prior written consent. A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under this Agreement is entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind SoulCentre Pte Ltd. in any respect whatsoever.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Defining Personal Information
In this Privacy Notice, Personal Information refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified:
(a) from that data; or
(b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Examples of such Personal Information you may provide to us include, but not limited to (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) :-
- Date of Birth
- Telephone number(s)
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Payment information (credit card, PayPal, cost centre/code, bank account details, billing address)
- Network data
- Any other information relating to any individual which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to
- us, or via other forms of interaction with you
- Information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on our websites
- Information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google
- Publicly available information that we acquire from service providers
Legal basis for processing Personal Data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
When and how we collect your Personal Information
We may collect personal information directly from you when you: –
- Fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms
- Interact and communicate with the Company at any events or activities
- Communicate with us (for example when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our customer service)
- Register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels) or
- subscribe to our products and/or services
- visit or browse our websites
- register or subscribe for our publications (for example, newsletters)
- use our network and other services of the Company
- request us to contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
- use some of our services, for examples, websites and apps including establishing any online accounts with us
- interact with our customer service officer, for example, via telephone calls, letters, online accounts
- with us
- contacted by and respond to our customer service officer, for example, via telephone calls, letters, online accounts
- with us
- subscribe to any of our Subscription Services, which require us to collect and process payment information from you
- such as your credit card numbers and billing information, using third party PCI DSS-compliant service providers
Information we collect from third parties
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Purposes for the Collection of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be used by the Company to: –
- Verify your identity
- update and inform you on our latest promotion, etc
- send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our products and services
- administer or otherwise carry out obligations in relation to any agreement that you or your business have with us
- respond to your inquiries about our programs of studies, services, membership matters, business associations such
- communicate with you, such as keeping you abreast of current developments, technical up-dates, news, articles or
- any matter that may be of interest to you
- conduct research and market surveys
- develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructures, including testing and upgrading of these systems
- support recruitment inquiries
- personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your
- request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- contact individuals that you refer to us and identify you as the source of the referral, in accordance with the
- “Referral” section below
- meet contract or legal obligations
- improve browsing experience by personalizing the websites
- send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send
- you marketing communications relating to our business
- promote use of our services and products to you and share promotional and information content with you in
- accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to
- identify any individual user;
- send information to you regarding changes to our Privacy Notice, or other legal agreements
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our products, you represent that you have their consent to provide us your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the website.
Consent to International Transfer of Personal Information
You acknowledge that in order to provide services to you, we may need to transfer your Personal Information to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Whenever your Personal Information is transferred internationally, we will take appropriate steps to ensure its security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable data protection law.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, assessed or disclosed to third parties for additional purposes. Further, the Company may engage other companies, service provider or individuals to perform function on its behalf and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service provider or third parties referred to in this section (without limitation) :-
- Event management companies and event sponsors
- Market research companies
- IT service providers
- Data analytics and/or marketing agency
- Credit Card verification providers
- The Company partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom the Company collaborates with for certain
- events, programmes and activities
- Other associated companies of the Company
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements
- Other third parties in order to process your commercial transactions;
- Legal bodies as permitted or required by law such as in compliance with a warrant or subpoena issued by a court of
- competent jurisdiction
- Safety and security personnel
Ownership of Content and Materials
All content and materials are copyrighted and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They cannot be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without prior written permission of the copyright owner and/or the Company.
A link from our Web site to another site does not imply endorsement of that site. Linked sites are not under the control of the Company and the Company will not be held responsible for the content or privacy policies of any linked sites or any links containing other linked sites. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the Company, you will do this entirely at your own discretion and at your own risk.
If you access any third-party sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect your personal information. Please ensure that you are satisfied with the privacy statements of these third-Party Sites before you submit any personal information. The Company cannot be held responsible legally or otherwise for the activities, privacy policies or levels of privacy compliance of these third-party sites.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from a child below the age of sixteen (16), or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without parental consent. If you are a child, please seek parental consent before your use of our products and services. You may submit your Personal Information with parental (or guardian’s) consent to us only. Your parents (or guardian) can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to revoke or withdraw any consent previously given, request for access, correction, download, block, deletion, objecting us from using some or all of your Personal Information (for example, your parents (or guardian) may contact us if he/she considers we may wrongfully collect and use your Personal Information) and restricting us from using your Personal Information under some certain circumstances (for example, your parents (or guardian) may contact us if he/she does not wish your personal data to be analysed) at all times.
Procedure for Unsubscribing and Opt-Out
You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages at any time by sending a message with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to email@example.com or by following the instructions in any marketing communication.
Updating of Privacy Notice
The Company will, as and when it deems fit to do so, change, alter or modify its Privacy Notice. You are advised to visit the Website continually in order to monitor changes in the notice, as the notice will be binding upon you.